The coaching and mentoring I provide is flexible, in order to suit the unique needs and circumstances of each client. For example, it could include:
- A weekly training programme designed specifically for you – see more below
- A consultation to answer your queries
- Help with goal setting and planning
- Or just get in contact for a general inquiry
My approach is based on a number of key principals
I only deliver programmes developed specifically for the client and these are dynamic – i.e. they are adjusted and refined for the fluctuations in the cyclist’s development and the changing daily demands and routines of life.
A successful training programme has to fit into your life, not the other way around.
Your weekly programme will be designed as part of a broader plan aimed to progress your fitness development for you goals or key event. Some need help in clarifying their goals and this assistance can be provided.
Lifelong fitness, strength and health
I encourage athletes to thinks of ‘the long game’, beyond their immediate goals. While working towards these, we must always keep sight of the ‘bigger picture’ and the knowledge gained will help towards a healthier lifestyle, along with long-term strength, mobility and speed – into the foreseeable future.
Science-based, but balanced with wisdom
The physiology of older cyclists is different in many ways to that of younger people and their training requirements are therefore different. A lot of some good science on this has become available in recent years and my training programmes utilize this knowledge (some differences in physiological adaptation are explained in this blog …)
However, science also has its limitations and it is necessary to balance it with wisdom – the accumulated experience of older athletes, and that of coaches and therapists who work with older athletes.
I have written about balancing science and wisdom here ….
Learn and become independent
Some clients just want to let the coach do the thinking and they do the work which the coach prescribes. Others are more interested in understanding the process and learning about their bodies.
One of my aims is to help clients to learn about training and their own physiology, and to the help them become independent in this regard.
FULL CONFIDENTIALITY GUARANTEED
A typical training programme – what you get
I work only with a limited number of athletes on a week-to-week basis and a typical training programme involves:
- An initial period of discussion and consultation. This helps identify and clarify the client’s goals, current levels of fitness and knowledge, as well as time available to train due to circumstances.
- Developing an outline year-long plan which is flexible
- Goal-setting for the first quarter
- Weekly training programmes (daily programme delivered via email if data management software is being used)
- Weekly analysis of training data (which can be provided in a way that suits the client, including the use of on-line analysis software)
- Weekly feedback and discussion if necessary
- Quarterly review and adjustment of the plan if necessary
- The TodaysPlan software is normally used. You can see your training programme online and you also get your daily workouts by email. It also has many other useful communication and other functions which clients may use if they wish.
While this is ‘typical’, it can be adjusted to suit individual needs.
The above arrangement typically costs €100 or £85 per month (with a small additional charge if TodaysPlan is used).
Please don’t hesitate to contact … if you would like to discuss any of the above.