I have a full quota of clients at the moment and unfortunately I can’t take on any new riders. However, please get in touch if you don’t need a coach immediately as a place becomes available from time to time.
The coaching and mentoring I provide is flexible, in order to suit the unique needs and circumstances of each client. For example, it could include:
- A weekly training programme designed specifically for you – see more below
- A consultation to answer your queries
- Help with goal setting and planning
- Or just get in contact for a general inquiry
My approach is based on a number of key principals
I only deliver programmes developed specifically for the client and these are dynamic – i.e. they are adjusted and refined for the fluctuations in the cyclist’s development and the changing daily demands and routines of life.
A successful training programme has to fit into your life, not the other way around.
Your weekly programme will be designed as part of a broader plan aimed to progress your fitness development for you goals or key event. Some need help in clarifying their goals and this assistance can be provided.
Lifelong fitness, strength and health
I encourage athletes to thinks of ‘the long game’, beyond their immediate goals. While working towards these, we must always keep sight of the ‘bigger picture’ and the knowledge gained will help towards a healthier lifestyle, along with long-term strength, mobility and speed – into the foreseeable future.
Science-based, but balanced with wisdom
The physiology of older cyclists is different in many ways to that of younger people and their training requirements are therefore different. A lot of some good science on this has become available in recent years and my training programmes utilize this knowledge (some differences in physiological adaptation are explained in this blog …)
However, science also has its limitations and it is necessary to balance it with wisdom – the accumulated experience of older athletes, and that of coaches and therapists who work with older athletes.
I have written about balancing science and wisdom here ….
Learn and become independent
Some clients just want to let the coach do the thinking and they do the work which the coach prescribes. Others are more interested in understanding the process and learning about their bodies.
One of my aims is to help clients to learn about training and their own physiology, and to the help them become independent in this regard.
FULL CONFIDENTIALITY GUARANTEED
A typical training programme – what you get
- An initial period of discussion and consultation with you. This helps to identify and clarify your goals, current levels of fitness, and how your available time and lifestyle will affect your training.
- Then I develop an outline, year-long plan which can be adjusted as necessary
- Goal-setting is done for the first quarter
- A training programme is posted to your calendar (on TodaysPlan) and you also get your daily workout by email
- Once a week I do an analysis of your training data and provide feedback
- We discuss your progress as often as is necessary
- I do a quarterly review and adjust the plan if necessary, in consultation with you.
- The TodaysPlan software is normally used. You can see your training programme online and you also get your daily workouts by email. It also has many other useful communication and other functions which clients may use if they wish.
While this is ‘typical’, it can be adjusted to suit individual needs.
The above arrangement typically costs €100 or £85 per month (with a small additional charge if TodaysPlan is used). You do not begin paying until your programme actually starts: there is no charge for the initial period of consultation and planning.
Please don’t hesitate to contact … if you would like to discuss any of the above.